Instructions from Abroad

Advisory Work 

If you are an overseas client and need advice on a legal issue, our barristers licensed to do Public Access would be very willing to work directly for you.

If you are an overseas lawyer or trade mark or patent attorneys, all of our members can accept instructions. Typically, our members will advise on legal issues which involve English or EU law.


If you wish to issue proceedings in England, we can recommend solicitors admitted in England and Wales or appropriate professionals who have the appropriate skillset and capabilities to assist you. Our members are not permitted to issue proceedings on your behalf or conduct such litigation but can provide advocacy services, including appearing in courts and tribunals for those solicitors.

Members of Chambers can act and have acted as expert witnesses in foreign cases which raise issues of English law.